Love an excuse to eat an eclair!!
It is the perfect time to indulge in this creamy and yummy treat!
Today’s 5 facts about the Chocolate Eclair:
- An éclair is an oblong pastry made with choux dough filled with a cream and topped with icing.
- In French, “éclair” the dessert may have gotten its name from the “flash” of frosting that glistens across its top.
- When baking the perfect chocolate éclair, sufficient steam is essential to the construction of the inner cavern that will be filled with vanilla cream.
- MasterChef India pastry experts spent three days constructing a 26 foot tall chocolate éclair pyramid in 2010, taking the world record, according to Limca.
- The éclair originated during the 19th century in France. It was called “pain à la duchesse” or “petite duchesse” until 1850.
Today’s Food History
- 1633 Galileo was forced by the Inquisition in Rome to renounce his theory that the Earth revolved around the Sun.
- 1847 Supposedly, Hanson Crockett Gregory, of Rockport…
View original post 131 more words